I'm a fan of traditions. One thing I've noticed is they don't happen spontaneously. I'm also a fan of lists, which I write spontaneously.
Easter Tradition List For Next Year
- The Easter Bunny Path with Yarn. Wind colourful yarn through home to make path. Path starts at child's bed tied to empty basket, eggs/loot is picked up along side the yarn. Chocolate bunny is the end point. One colour per child. When laying down yarn start at the end point. Make it as twisty as possible. (Thanks to Lindsay Miller)
- Confetti Eggs. This is an egg fight with whole egg shells filled with confetti, or sparkles or chalk or bird seed. Dye, fill, and seal eggs before hand. Hide eggs, and don't let anyone go near them until it's time. Begin collecting eggs early, the more the better. (Thanks to Emily, Anabell and Amy)
- Easter Hats. Make paper hats...and decorate. Make it a fun contest. Assign theme. With a fun PRIZE.
- Devilled Eggs. Eat them all day.
- King Lamoni's Father's Tree. To compliment lessons and discussion about The Passover, The Atonement, The Crucifixion, The Resurrection decorate a tree with Easter shapes. Inscribe on the shapes the bad habits we're willing to give up or the characteristics we want to develop. The point is to offer a broken heart and contrite spirit, and have build faith in Christ infinite and eternal sacrifice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment