Sunday, February 14, 2010

Misengarde

Do you like Polly Pockets? I love Polly Pockets. Below is a picture of the Polly Pocket Shoe I took out of Isabella's nose on Jan 19. I used that very tooth pick. It probably wasn't the wisest choice, but there you have it - I like to endanger my kid's life. To my credit I did warn her: If you move you could die. Isabella held very still.
Later that day Isabella had her year 4 checkup. She got 4 immunizations. She cried like a baby. I might have said if she didn't get the needles she could die. I might have used adjectives like agonizing and horrible. I know, I know, I'm an insensitive parent. Before you condemn me to bad mom jail, remember there are other punishments.

Everyday since Jan 19, 2010 Isabella and I have had the same conversation.

I- are I going to die today?
m-am I... no not today.
I- are I going to have needles when I die?
m-am I... you wouldn't feel them anyway.
I- are I going to have needles like Jesus?
m- am I. Those were nails. Remember how we talked about this yesterday... [Then Isabella will pull out a picture of Jesus dying on the cross and we'll have the whole gospel lesson. Easter is going to be great this year.]

Incidentally we're reading the war chapters in Alma. It's like a thesaurus for death. I think I'm paying for my crimes.

{Find a picture of Grandpa Hamilton and put it here}
Speaking of...my grandfather (who I disrespectfully remember as the dirty old man) died last month. He wasn't such a bad fellow, and now I'm sorry I never said anything nice about him or his farm. I'm sorry Grandpa. I am truly heartless. But I do feel empathy for my dad who loved him. I know he'll miss his father.

0 comments: