Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vermont

The First Week of October we visited the Cousins Snow, Paul Sarah Ethan Sadie and the not yet born Bex. Great Grandma Snow was visiting too, and that was our excuse to billet ourselves on the Cousins. It rained the whole weekend, but it was still completely worth the 10 hour drive (yes Steve, we know how far Vermont is). Travelling was fine, although I think next time I'd rather just pay the tolls. It's not particularly scenic to tool around on the back roads of Pennsylvania. Oh, and we did get lost. When don't we get lost? This time it was in New York City for 3 hours. It was a nightmare, and a little ridiculous to repeatedly drive by Yankee Stadium and say "look there's Yankee Stadium" like tourists everytime.

Anyhow Vermont is gorgeous in the fall. We saw Dartmouth, and dully admired Raether Hall. I especially liked the McClaughlin Atrium. We also went to the Joseph Smith birth place, where I completely lost my manners and my children insisted on touching everything. The best was just being with family. We love you Snows!

Sarah gave me the super idea to serve cream of wheat for breakfast and to fatten my kids up with whipping cream in everything. Thanks Sarah, the CofW is not such a great hit but I love it. I've even tried mimicking your elegant pouring technique.

Here's our Gratuitous Family Picture

Here we are a Happy Family

Oh, I forgot to mention Home Depot. This was fantastic. Isabella and Ethan made PiggyBanks.

Luke and Sadie ran wild through the store
And Grandma was beautiful and kind, as always

2 comments:

Paul said...

Was awesome having you guys. You are rockstars for making the drive.

Katherine said...

Caleb made that same fire station bank about a month ago. He loved it.